This is a long, tricky course requires nerves of steel. Its dramatic views and undulating terrain can be played from four sets of tees, and the famous St Andrews wind accompanies you every step of the way. All this makes The Kittocks the ideal St Andrews golfing experience for players of every ability.
About The Kittocks Course, St Andrews – A short history
- Opened in 2001
- Set on 520 acres of former farmland
- Designed in a blend of American and UK style, with man-made lakes plus two double greens and deep pot bunkers
- Redesigned by Gary Stephenson in 2008
- Host to EuroPro Tour events in 2007 and 2008
- Host to the Scottish Youths National Championship 2016
- 5,600 - 7,191 yards
- Par 72
The Kittocks Course Information
- Caddies Available: Available on request and subject to availability
- Golf Trollies Available: Powered and manual trollies
- Golf Buggies Available: 40 golf carts available for all players
- Practice Facilities: Full grass driving range, putting green, bunker and short game area
- Golf Boards are available
Kittocks Course scorecard
View The Kittocks Course scorecard
Featured hole – Hole 17
The 17th is an exceptional par 4 running along the top of the cliffs and is full of drama. 65 yards short of green and to your right, part of the fairway features a steep cliff. The hole was originally part of the Torrance course and apparently it's still a big favourite with Sam Torrance and was reallocated to bring both Fairmont courses back to the clubhouse. The par-4 15th signature hole is also a serious challenge, doglegging left before heading steeply down to the sea.
Known for a tough but fair layout
Although the course is a challenge for the faint-hearted, The Kittocks course is tough but fair. It's the more challenging of the two Fairmont St Andrews courses, a significant test of skill created in sympathy with the contours of the natural environment. It starts off easily enough but, from hole five onwards, it's a different story. Known for its four different tee zones and many interesting hole designs, top features include the inland par-4 4th hole, dipping down towards a stream less than 100 yards out before climbing up steeply to the green. To make a booking, or for more information, please send an enquiry.
The Kittocks Golf Breaks
The Experience St Andrews provides some of the world's most popular golfing packages. Every experience comes with exceptional play and luxury accommodation at St Andrews' legendary courses, including the breath-taking Kittocks. Discover More >