Kingsbarns is a traditional Scottish links course and was designed by American, Kyle Philips. It's one of three courses hosts the annual Dunhill Links Championship and also played host to the 2017 Ricoh Women's British Open.
More than half the holes see the sea directly in the golfer’s active frame of play. Spacious fairways rolling and twisting through dune ridges and hollows and large inviting greens make this the ultimate links experience. Since its opening, Kingsbarns has built a worthy reputation as one of the most popular links courses in Scotland.
About Kingsbarns, St Andrews – A short history
- In the 1880s the wealthy, influential Merchants and Lairds of Kingsbarns formed the Kingsbarns Golfing Society
- Thanks to Lady Erskine of Cambo, the Kingsbarns Golfing Society was re-established and founded as Kingsbarns Golf Club in 1922
- Willie Auchterlonie laid out a nine-hole course on the links at Kingsbarns Bay
- During the Second World War the Links was mined in the national security defence effort
- Golf was resurrected on Kingsbarns Links in the early 2000s, the first new course to be built in Scotland in the new Century
Kingsbarns Course Information
- Caddies Available: Available on request and subject to availability
- Golf Trollies Available: Powered and manual trollies
- Golf Buggies Available: Two buggies for mobility restricted golfers by advanced reservation
- Practice Facilities: Driving range, putting green and short game area
- Dress Code: Appropriate golfing attire while on the course and in the clubhouse
Kingsbarns Course Scorecard
Click here to view the scorecard
Featured hole – Hole 12
The signature hole at Kingsbarns is an epic 606 yard par five very like the 18th at Pebble Beach. You'll find a gentle dogleg with the sea to your left, featuring lots of humps and hollows, and the narrow 70 yard green slopes from back to front.
Known for being the world's best new golf course
In the year 2000, Golf Digest called it the Best new international golf course. In 2001 they gave it 46th place in the Top 100 World ranking. In 2002 it came 13th in the Top 100 courses in Britain. Kingsbarns opened during the magical week Tiger Woods won the Open Championship at St. Andrews. It was instantly recognised as the best new golf course in the world. It has been named Most Outstanding Golf Course by the Scottish Incoming Golf Tour Operators Association. And it's excellent reputation continues to grow.
Kingsbarns Golf Breaks
The Experience St Andrews offer some truly exceptional golfing vacations and our Kingsbarns golf packages are no different. Combining the best hotels, lunches and transfers, all you will have to concentrate on is your game.
Featured Kingsbarns Golf packages include:
Father & Son Tournament – A five day, 72 hole tournament lets you experience competition golf over St Andrews New Course, Kingsbarns Golf Links, Championship Course Carnoustie and culminating at the legendary Old Course.
Playing Kingsbarns Golf Links is an essential element of all of our Experience St Andrews vacations. In addition to Kingsbarns, you will get a guaranteed tee time at the Old Course, while also having the chance to test your game against several other of the world’s best links courses.
Kingsbarns golf breaks with us are an experience you'll never forget, the highlight of any golfer’s trip to the home of golf. Contact us to find out more.