The Jubilee Course began as a twelve hole course, but it was lengthened to an 18 hole layout eight years later in 1905. At 6,742 yards and par 72, many experts believe this is the most challenging course on the famous Links.
Originally created for ladies and beginners, the course's remarkable location, set like a jewel between the New Course and the sea, inspired its conversion to an exceptional championship layout in 1988.
About the Jubilee Course, St Andrews – A short history
- John Angus designed the course in March 1897
- A basic 12 hole course opened on 22nd June the same year
- The turn of the century saw the course extended to 18 holes
- In 1946 Willie Auchterlonie improved the layout
- In 1988 it enjoyed a dramatic overhaul to a championship standard 6,800 yards
The Jubilee Course Information
- Caddies: Available on request and subject to availability
- Golf Trollies Available: Powered and manual trollies
- Golf Buggies: Available for seniors over the age of 65 or golfers with a medical certificate. Buggies are subject to availability
- Practice Facilities: Driving range, putting green and short game area
- Dress Code: Appropriate golfing attire while on the course, smart/casual in the clubhouse
- Soft spikes required
Jubilee Course Scorecard
Click here to view the scorecard
Featured hole – Hole 15
The 15th hole is your nemesis, just 356 yards long but an odd beast all the same. Take a well-hit drive and you should be left with a nice, short approach which doesn't look too tricky. But when you play your shot into the green, you get the full picture – a surprisingly deep gully pushes your ball to the left or right, and it catches people out time after time.
Known for being the toughest course at St Andrews
The Jubilee is probably the toughest course in St Andrews, with several genuinely challenging driving holes and an unusual position at the point of the estuary, exposing it to the famously strong winds. The tee at the par-3 ninth features regular howlers, facing a long iron into the famously hard green. And the closing stretch challenges you to a series of difficult par-fours, as difficult as it gets.
Jubilee Course, St Andrews Golf Breaks
The Experience St Andrews is the home of a host of top class golfing vacations, and our Jubilee golf deals are no exception. Combining the best hotels, clubhouse lunches and golf transfers, you will be able to concentrate on your game. It's an experience you'll never forget.
Featured Jubilee Course, St Andrews Golf packages:
6 night Programmes – The Jubilee Course is just one of the world-class courses available as part of our Experience St Andrews programmes. In addition to the Jubilee Course, you will get a guaranteed tee time at the Old Course.
Jubilee Course golf breaks with us are the highlight of any true golfer's trip to Scotland. Contact us to organise your vacation.