Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. In these Terms and Conditions, ‘The Experience St Andrews’ is a trading name of Compass Contract Services (UK) Limited, which is registered in England under company number 2114954.
2. Unless otherwise stated in writing, these Conditions, which supersede any earlier sets of Conditions, shall override any terms and conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by clients and/or customers of The Experience St Andrews (whether in the ‘booking’ or elsewhere) and all guarantees, warranties, or conditions not expressly included in these Terms and Conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law. No amendments to these Conditions are allowed save those which may be agreed in writing by an authorised officer of The Experience St Andrews.
3. The contract - A contract shall be deemed to have been made between The Experience St Andrews and the booking client (the “Customer”) when the client has confirmed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and notified such acceptance and any other requirements by completion of the booking procedure and The Experience St Andrews has confirmed acceptance of such booking by return e-mail.
4. Schedule of Payment
4.1. A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 40% must be paid to The Experience St Andrews within 10 working days from the date of the invoice, otherwise the booking will be cancelled and the space resold at the sole discretion of The Experience St Andrews.
4.2. Full payment for all bookings of 8 or more rooms will be due 16 weeks prior to arrival). This supersedes The Experience St Andrews Terms & Conditions “Cancellations 5 (i)” detailed below.
4.3. Final balances for all bookings of 1-7 rooms must be paid to The Experience St Andrews no later than twelve weeks prior to the first day of the booked event.
4.4. If the booking is made within 12 weeks of the first day of the booked programme (or 16 weeks if the booking is 8 or more rooms) the full cost (100%) must be paid to The Experience St Andrews by an authorised credit card.
5. Alterations to bookings will be accepted at the sole discretion of The Experience St Andrews. In the event of the client wishing to alter or cancel the booking, any such alteration or cancellation must be confirmed in writing to The Experience St Andrews. On receipt of such cancellation or alteration instruction, the following scale of cancellation and alteration charges will be applied:
- Up to 12 weeks before the first day of the booked programme – the greater of: (i) 40% of full programme cost; or (ii) the total of the non-refundable charges which have been paid by the Customer at the point of cancellation, will charged to the Customer;
- Less than 12 weeks before the first day of the booked programme 100% full programme cost charged to the Customer;
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Experience St Andrews shall not be liable to give any refund on the programme should it be cancelled due to circumstances beyond its control.
In the event The Experience St Andrews accept and amendment to a booking, an administration charge of £40.00GBP will be immediately payable by credit or debit card for each amendment made to the original booking, save where the amendment increases the size of the original booking. All amendments to a booking are subject to availability.
Cancellation and amendment charges are not penalties, but a genuine pre-estimate of the damage that would be caused to The Experience St Andrews.
6. All Experience St Andrews clients must check in with the official starter fifteen minutes before the allocated tee-off time. Failure to appear at the precise tee-off time shall render your right to play null and void. No alternative time shall be made available and The Experience St Andrews takes no responsibility whatsoever under such circumstances.
7. In order to play on The Old Course, clients require a valid Handicap Certificate in line with St Andrews Links Trust policy. (Currently maximum handicap for men and for women is 36)
8. Non St Andrews Links courses may have different handicap minimums. Experience St Andrews does not have any and cannot accept responsibility if golfers do not meet handicap criteria
9. The Experience St Andrews does not have any and cannot accept any liability for the actions and omissions of the Links Trust of St. Andrews, other relevant clubs and/or their servants, agents or employees.
10. The tee times in any programmes sold are subject to any terms, conditions and limitations of liability imposed by the Links Trust of St. Andrews, other relevant clubs or their servants, agents or employees.
Partly used of unused services included within the Customer’s booking are non-refundable except as otherwise state within these terms and conditions.
11. The Customer shall indemnify The Experience St Andrews in full against and hold The Experience St Andrews harmless from all claims, costs, damages, liabilities, expenses (including but not limited to legal expenses) demands and judgements awarded against or incurred or paid by The Experience St Andrews as a result of or in connection with any and all acts or omissions of the Customer, its guests, employees, agents or subcontractors including but not limited to acts or omissions at the Event and damage caused to the Venue by the Customer or its guests.
12. Limitation of Liability
12.1 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Conditions, The Experience St Andrews shall not be liable to the Customer for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of anticipated savings) arising out of or in connection with the performance or any breach of the Contract and the maximum liability of The Experience St Andrews to the Customer in aggregate for any and all claims made against The Experience St Andrews in contract, tort or otherwise under or in connection with the subject matter of the Contract shall not exceed the total price paid by the Customer to The Experience St Andrews in respect of the Contract.
12.2 Nothing in this clause 12 shall operate to exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of The Experience St Andrews.
12.3 The Experience St Andrews shall not be held liable for any omission by any person not employed directly by The Experience St Andrews
12.4 The Experience St Andrews shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or expense caused by cancellation or delay of the programme or any element contained therein because of government action, strike, civil commotion, National Disaster, adverse weather conditions, explosion, fire or accident, war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of terrorism, sabotage, insurrection, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or other reasons beyond its control.
Any complaints must be registered both on the day and in writing to The Experience St Andrews within 14 days of the last day of the event. The Experience St Andrews cannot be held liable for any complaints received after that period.
13. The Experience St Andrews has no responsibility for any property or personal effects throughout the duration of the programme.
14. If official documentation (vouchers, tickets etc) are to be posted to the client rather than collected by the client, risk in the goods shall pass to the client upon the items being posted to the address given by the client. The Experience St Andrews shall not be liable for any loss, damage or cost arising by non-delivery and reserves the right to levy an additional charge for issuing replacement vouchers, tickets and documents for those lost, whether in the post or otherwise. A charge may also be applied for postage.
15. It is strongly recommended that any person wishing to attend a booking, arrange appropriate travel/cancellation insurance independently. The Experience St Andrews will not be liable to issue any Customer or guests with any refund for any element of their booking (including hotels, golf, meals, event tickets) where the Customer is not able to attend due to any unforeseen event, emergency, flight delay or schedule change. Customers and guests are also responsible for ensuring that they have the appropriate travel documentation for their country of residence and destination country.
16. Golfers names must be applied to tee times and notified not less than 14 days prior to play. On the day of play, golfers names must match those previously notified otherwise golfers will be refused permission to play.
17. Programmes & tee times therein shall not be used as competition prizes, or trade incentives, nor may they be used in raffles, tombolas, lotteries, or draws whether for commercial or charitable purposes without the prior written authority of The Experience St Andrews which may withhold such authority at its sole discretion.
19. Unless otherwise agreed these Conditions and the contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
20. As an Authorised Provider of The Open, there are some terms and conditions pertain to the event which attendees shall be subject to, which can be accessed via this hyperlink